Bird's Eye View

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thai New Year

OMG!  Where do I begin.  I was told that Chiang Mai had best new year's festival, and when I asked my son, all he could say was, "you just can't imagine."  So I went to my friend's restaurant and after visiting for short time, Fon and I got on motor bike to visit her friend in Old City across the river.  I have never had so much fun in my life!  We, of course, had to go to Taipai Gate to buy water guns finally if only for defense, but then walking the streets was like every child's dream come true.  Thousands of participant having the biggest water fight in the world and I was in the middle of it.  Forget that half the buckets that were dumped on you were from garbage pails filled with ice chunks and water -- enough to wake you up and then some -- we gave as good as we got!  Here's just a short sample of some great scenes from the streets, and then a rather happy video that gives a good taste of traditional and modern celebrations -- just awesome.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment